Job Title: Inserting/Mailing
Department: Inserting and Mailing
Reports To: Inserting/Mailing Manager
Shift: Full Time and Part Time – Day & Night Shifts Available
Contact: Gail DeSmet at 507-836-6540 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Inserting & Mailing Operators are individuals skilled at various machines and equipment used in preparing newspapers, binding books, periodicals and pamphlets, and assembling related printed materials. They work as part of the team that packages and prepares
Page 1 Printer’s products to be delivered/mailed to our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Inserting & Mailing Operators duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Places inserts into newspapers and various publications by using inserting machine or by hand.
- Collects newspapers and various publications depending on mail type and use of finished product.
- Places signatures into pockets or picking up finished product on saddle-stitcher.
- Operates a 3-knife trimmer to trim glued spine books to final size and stacking and bundling in appropriate sizes based on the information on the press report.
- Removes, stacks, and packs printed material in various stages of completion on pallets/carts or bags as it accumulates on delivery table of machines.
- Examines stitched, collated, bound, and unbound publications to ascertain that pages are bound in numerical or folio order according to sample copy, and for such defects as imperfect binding, ink spots, torn, loose, or uneven pages.
- Records daily production and department check lists.
- Cleans work area around machine.
As a candidate for this position you must be able to;
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Read and comprehend simple instructions in English, and write simple correspondence in English to other employees of the organization.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Download an application here